I have had this photo saved in my drafts for exactly 7 months now. And it’s just now that I gathered the strength and the chance to post it. I was too insecure, too doubtful and too scared to acknowledge the dream. So you may ask, why now? The answer is simple, I will be chasing this dream from now on. Yes, you had the right. I have this wildest dream of becoming a flight attendant.
I was in my last year in college when I realized that I wanted to be one of those ladies to tell you to buckle up your seat belts during a flight. To tell you where the emergency exits are. Or to offer you coffee or tea from my little trolley of everything. I want to smile at you and tell that everything’s gonna be alright. I want you to know that you’ll be in time to come home to your families during holidays. I want to be that lady. I had my doubts. And I still do. I worry about my physical appearance, my skills - basically I’m doubting myself. What if I’m not good enough for them? And if I was, what if I won’t stand out among the others? Those were the reasons why I was too afraid to try.
Don’t get me wrong, till now I still have my worries. But, what changed? My mom and sister changed. They believed in me. They pursued me. They told me to book that flight and try. They told me that there’s nothing wrong in failing. There’s nothing wrong as long as you tried. And it hit me, if my family believed in me, why can’t I believe in myself? It’s time to get out of that comfort zone. It’s time to chase the dream.
In the next two weeks, I will be on my way to Manila for an Open Day application. I’m not expecting anything. But I’m hoping. Hoping for the best. Hoping that the world will be in my favor. And I want everyone of you, you who have reached reading until this very line, to please pray for me. Pray for what I deserve. And until then, I will have to believe in myself and have faith. God is working His miracles.
Life Lessons Vol. 2
1. I can’t keep up with everything that’s happening around me. I can’t keep up with my fast-paced world. There are times that I feel like the world played a cruel joke on me. But guess what, it’s all in the head. The power is always in the mind. I won’t let it control me.
2. Productivity is very important. With every passing day and with every hour I have to waste, I have to make sure I have made the most out of it. The questions linger: Was I able to help my family today? Did I do something that could improve my situation? Sometimes, I seem to answer “no” to these questions. But I have to move. I have to be productive for my own good and for other people too.
3. Money is basic need. I might not admit it at first, but money can do so many things. It can make me travel to places and buy things I wish I had. Make sure to value every cent and every peso. I learned that money is so easy to spend yet very hard to earn.
4. I learned the truth behind delaying gratification. It’s because things happen at the right time and with the right reasons. Hurrying is never a key to anything. There have been regrets on my part as to why I wasn’t able to wait. And I learned so much from that.
5. Praying keeps me sane. There are times when I feel alone and I remember that there is a God I could talk to. I tried surrendering my anxieties to Him and I must admit, a huge chunk of negativity gets drained away. Do this often.
Yesterday, I devoted my day to art. I woke up that morning and realized how I missed scribbling in my journal. Since I have been staying at home most of the time, my journal left me so many empty and free spaces for me to write on. I want to improve how I write. I want to improve my calligraphy. I wish I had many resources like those with Abbey and Dianne (my most idolized letterers). As of the moment, I’m only limited to my fineliner pens and UniPins. Bacolod bookstores doesn’t really have extravagant kind of pens (unlike in Manila where they have a wide variety of brush pens, calligraphy pens and etc) and books.
I’m trying my best to improve my hobby. And basically how I take the photos. Hahaha. So if you have any suggestions, feel free to hit up my ask!
Guys please do follow my instagram account @officiallyphem and try visiting my tag there #fmtype.
It’s actually kathrynreads who told me to make one in Instagram - follow us BTW (@officiallyphem & @kathrynreads). So Thanks Kath! And here it goes. Rules are, state 20 Facts about yourself. Not so hard eh?
- Her name is Phemaree, call her Phem
- 21 years young
- 15 years a Lasallian
- Brunette w/ wavy - curly hair
- Coffee lover
- Pink is the color
- Aljur Abrenica, Sam Milby & Enchong Dee are just some of her favored celebrities
- Shipping for #Ezria loveteam of PLL
- Her favorite Bible quote - Philippians 4:6-7 (Go read it.)
- Sucker for anything sweet, ice creams, cakes and cupcakes
- A part of the high school group, NAMELESS
- Snack fave: Hello Panda cookies
- Jane, Krytal and Mayleen are her most treasured BFFs
- Aspiring letterer and doodlist (is there such word?)
- Addicted to the TV Series Game of Thrones and Pretty Little Liars
- Hoarder of school supplies
- Forever quoting Audrey Hepburn
- Has a beautiful Dachshund named Wenonah
- Her first love, volleyball
- Believes in the saying, substance over legal form
1 year, 3 months
May 2013 - August 2014
What. Last August 28th was the day I made my resignation effective. More than a year of serving Henry Sy, in one of his leading supermarkets, was a mix of relevant emotions and decisions. Separation anxiety started kicking in. Memories will forever be treasured. Important life decisions were made.
Why. Salary - the whole point why I decided to resign. Vacation & job opportunities - these were just secondary. I know it will be hard finding a job that could offer me what I really want. But I know with perseverance, faith and patience I will find one that will suit me. And one that will make me content.
My officers and officemates (photo above) were my ultimate weapon to keep on going. They were there to help me when I had difficulties in my tasks and they became my advisers and friends too. I will never forget all the things I have learned in this company. And now, it’s been almost two weeks that I am unemployed. I am now on another chapter of my life. A big leap I have to risk to find another career that I will learn to love. Thank you SM for the opportunity to learn and meet different people. Thank you God, for helping and guiding me in this decision. I am on my own now.